Homestead Veterinary Clinic offers a number of resources to help you help your pets:
Veterinary Medicine Library
This is an external, searchable, veterinary medicine library where you can read more about pet health topics.
Your Pet Site
A free online service that keeps you connected with your veterinary team — anytime, anywhere — online.
Need to re-order your pet’s medication? Use our convenient online pharmacy.
Other External Resources
These websites provide some great information on a variety of pet health care topics. We would welcome your ideas additional links to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- National Animal Poison Control Center Website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Choosing a new puppy A nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here.
- Behavior Founded by recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a excellent resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about litterbox training for cats, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- USDA Animal and Plant Health The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet might want to visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- West Nile Virus This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.